This surf and turf combo is sweet, spicy, and absolutely irresistible. It's also a very simple recipe to execute to perfection! All you need to do is take your peeled shrimp, wrap them in your favorite type of bacon, skewer and then add to the grill. Brush Schultz's Sweet Heat Sauce on your skewered shrimp just before they finish cooking and you've got sweet heat surf and turf that's a hit at any party.
PREP — 40 Minutes
COOK — 20 Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour
- 2 lbs. of 21-25 count peeled shrimp
- 1 lb. of fresh cut Bacon
- 6 oz. of Schultz’s Gourmet Sweet Heat Sauce
OPTIONAL: 2 cups of rice
1. Take peeled and deveined shrimp and wrap with half strip of bacon and weave onto skewer. Place 5-7 shrimps per skewer.
2. Place the skewers over indirect heat. We recommend low heat for a gas grill, or to place the skewers away from charcoal on a charcoal grill.
3. Allow bacon to render tightly around shrimp.
4. Once shrimp is almost fully cooked; brush Schultz’s Gourmet Sweet Heat Sauce on top of each skewer then close the lid to the grill for the last few minutes of cooking.
5. When fully cooked, remove shrimp from skewers and place on a bed of rice and pour 2-3 tbsp. of warm Sweet Heat on top of dish and serve. Enjoy!