There's barbecue chicken waiting for you in this pan pizza
PREP — 15-20 Minutes
COOK — 10-12 Minutes
TOTAL — 30 Minutes
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to line the pan
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pound ball dough from market
- All purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup each shredded mozzarella cheese AND shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons acacia honey
- 2 tablespoon Schultz's Spicy Original Cooking Sauce
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Schultz's Sweet Hickory BBQ Sauce
- Cilantro leaves
- Scallions, sliced
- Freshly sliced jalapeno pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 525 to 550 degrees F, as high as it goes, with rack at center. Preheat a cast-iron skillet, 12 inches, over medium to medium-high heat (to aid in a crispy bottom crust while pizza is in oven).
2. Gather your ingredients.
3. Remove skin from chicken, remove meat from bones and pull meat into bite-size pieces. Dice onion, grate or mince garlic.
4. Preheat a second cast-iron or other skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, 2 turns of the pan, then add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and soften a few minutes. Add up to 2 cups of Schultz's Sweet Hickory BBQ Sauce, stir to mix. Finally, add chicken to sauce, turn in sauce for a few more minutes, and remove from heat.
5. Roll and stretch dough on lightly floured surface into 12 to 14-inch even round that will cover pan. Turn off heat under skillet, sprinkle a little cornmeal in skillet and press dough into hot skillet and up sides as much as possible. The pan is hot -- reminder. Brush the dough with extra-virgin olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper or red pepper flakes. Top the dough with chicken and sauce and top with the cheeses. Place in oven. Bake the pizza 10 to 12 minutes to deep golden brown and bubbly.
6. Combine honey, splash of water and Schultz's Spicy Original Sauce in small pot or skillet and heat over low heat.
7. Drizzle or brush the pizza with the honey mixture and top and scallions, cilantro and jalapeno.
Image Credits to The Food Network