We love a hearty bowl of hot chili on a cool winter night! This slow cooker bean and brisket chili with a cilantro lime crema, is bursting with flavor. From the tender, juicy brisket, to the zing of the cilantro lime crema and jalapeños, each bite will leave your tastebuds craving more!
PREP: 10 MIN. | COOK: 8 HR. 40 MIN. | TOTAL: 8 HR. 50 MIN.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Schultz’s Gourmet Seasoning & Rub
- 2 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 1 16-oz can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14 oz can corn, drained
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 3 tsp.)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- shredded cheese (for serving)
- Jalapeños, for serving (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 2 tbsp Schultz's Gourmet Green Chili Lime Cooking Sauce
- fresh cilantro (chopped)
How To Make
STEP 1: In a large bowl, mix together flour, chili powder, cumin and Schultz’s Seasoning & Rub. Toss brisket cubes in spice mixture until brisket is covered and evenly coated
STEP 2: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the brisket cubes, and cook, stirring often, until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Be sure you don’t crowd the skillet. If you need, brown brisket cubes in batches. Transfer brisket cubes to a 6-quart slow cooker.
STEP 3: Add beans, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic and beef broth to slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and cook on LOW until beef is tender, about 8 hours.
STEP 4: Uncover and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in 1tbsp lime juice.
STEP 5: While chili cooks uncovered, make the cilantro lime crema: In a small bowl, combine Schultz's Gourmet Green Chili Lime Cooking Sauce, lime juice, sour cream, lime zest (to taste), cilantro (to taste) and salt & pepper (to taste)
STEP 6: Serve immediately, top with shredded cheese, jalapeños and Crema.