Easy to prepare, hard to resist. Want to take these eggs up another notch? Here's a few more of our favorite garnishes for this dish: green onion, paprika, candied or crisped bacon, diced pickles, olives, radish slices, bbq sauce and cooking sauces.
PREP — 20 Minutes
COOK — 15 Minutes
TOTAL — 35 Minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Schultz's Spicy Original or Sweet Heat Cooking Sauce
- Schultz's Seasoning & Rub, for garnish
- Smoked Spanish paprika, for garnish
1. Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute..
2. Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
3. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well. If you like things a little hotter, just add a teaspoon or two of Schultz's Spicy Original or Sweet Heat Cooking Sauce to the mix.
4. Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Add your garnish; paprika is the traditional garnish, but Schultz's Seasoning and Rub goes great with this dish as well. Serve and enjoy!