Hasselback potatoes make for a relatively quick and easy side that is bursting with flavor! Think your classic baked potato, but take it to another level. Brushed with a garlic butter mixture, filled to the brim with gooey cheddar cheese, and topped with sour cream and bacon, these baby hasselback potatoes are the perfect tasty side dish to make for a crowd.
PREP — 15 Minutes COOK — 40 Minutes TOTAL — 55 Minutes SERVES 6
- 1 lb baby yellow potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning & Rub
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 5-6 slices cheddar cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sour Cream
- Bacon Bits
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Rest each baby potato between two chopsticks and carefully cut vertical slits in each potato, about every 1/8-inch. The chopsticks with prevent the knife from cutting all the way through.
- Place sliced potatoes on a plate and microwave at high on one side for 2 minutes. Flip potatoes over and microwave again for an additional 2 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, minced garlic, Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning & Rub, and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Brush garlic butter mixture over each potato and into each slit.
- Cover potatoes with a second sheet of aluminum foil, sealing the edges by rolling or crimping
- Place foil packet in your grill and cook for 25-35 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil packet from grill, and open. Place cheese in each slit of your potatoes. Cover and place back in grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove foil packet from the grill and place grilled potatoes onto a serving dish.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, bacon, and chives. Serve Immediately. Enjoy!